The first thing that I need to say about the training course in general is that we have signed a Confidentiality Agreement, so if I'm vague in some areas, that may be why.
There are 5 people on the course, DH and I, another couple in their mid 40's, and a single lady who in her early 40's.
Day 1 covered some examples of the children who are waiting for families.
Some were mixed race, some were sibling groups, some were older children, some were developmentally delayed due to Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.
The object of the exercise was to make us think about the types of children available and what does each 'issue' mean? Far more details would obviously be needed.
We covered 'Child Development' and how the foundations for a solid future are learnt by a child, and that learning from how the child is treated.
Then we had a group exercise building a wall of wooden blocks for a child who had not had that foundation in life, and how neglect developmentally delays a child.
I'm writing this blog at the end of Day 2, which with hindsight, is a mistake because the 2 days are blurring into one....
We spent the evening filling in the CRB forms and health questionnaire......oh, and searching for DH's driving license.....
No comments:
Post a Comment